As federal, state, and local budget deficits balloon out of control, the Internal Revenue Service and other taxing authorities are working harder to chase every dollar. And as Congress continues to add additional responsibilities and pressures to collect more tax with an ever decreasing operating budget, the IRS is forced to streamline it's systems to automatically generate thousands more notices than in past years. Your odds of getting audited or other unwelcome correspondence are climbing every year. And like it or not, the IRS assumes their conclusions are correct unless you prove otherwise.
Responding to simple written notices can be expensive and time-consuming, and responding to an actual audit can mean real financial disruption. At JDBC Tax Services, I've creates our Audit Assurance Plan to help shield you from those unexpected costs. In consideration for a fee of $49 per annual tax return (federal and state), the following services will be included with that tax return:
- I'll respond to written notices from federal or state taxing authorities (Regular standard consultation fee: $75)
- The first two hours of audit representation will be included at no additional charge. Additional hours will be billed at the regular rate of $150/hour (Value: $300)
- Additional copies of your tax return will be provided upon request at no extra cost to you. (Value: $15)
- Income verification letters provided upon request at no additional cost to you. (Value: $75)
- Additional communications (emails, phone calls, etc) charges will be waived during the audit process.
- If it is determined that penalties and interest are assessed as a result of a preparation error of the part of JDBC Tax Services, JDBC will pay those penalties and interest on your behalf.